Tuesday, June 15, 2010

not sure about this

So, my rescue works pretty closely with a training center 5 minutes from my house.  The owners often donate extra space in their classes to the rescue... From what I know, they do a lot of correction-based training.  I'm not into that type of "training," but I got offered the chance to go and watch a couple of our dogs go, so I'm going to go and watch to get a better idea of it.  I'm pretty sure all it will do it reinforce the fact that I won't ever "train" my dog that way.

It's funny because I had people suggest I bring Roxy there, because he's helped a lot of the fearful dogs at our kennel. Quite honestly, I'm not impressed with someone who can teach a fear-biting dog to sit by pushing it's butt to the ground.  I'm more interested in helping teach a fearful dog to have less fear, overall.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment