There, I said it. I can't take it back now.
We have a long way to go still, but I think it will up the ante with her training and bring her to a whole new level. I have no idea how long it will take. I can't put a timeline on her fear. But I would really like to make sure this happens.
This is what we need to work on in order to pass the CGC exam, in no particular order:
- transition from the halti head collar to a flat or martingale collar with no pulling
- practice meeting strangers and staying in the sit position
- practice being handled by a stranger, including ears, paws, grooming
- practice meeting strangers with dogs and ignoring them - preference for sitting nicely at my side
- practice being left alone with a stranger (3 minutes)
- work on our distance stay with a long lead (20 feet)
- continue to meet lots of new people
- continue to walk in public places
Who am I kidding... if there's a chance for her to work and earn treats, then she's up for the challenge.